How does a man raise his kids in a "dignified manner" so that they, in turn, love and support their dad? I know this list is not exhaustive, but it covers some basics.
- He does not dominate his children by force and intimidation, but leads them with love.
- He does not shrug off the blatant disobedience of his children, but disciplines and instructs them in love.
- He does not complain to others about "the lousy job the wife is doing with the kids," but he takes responsibility in his home to model and teach love.
- He is not the typical absentee father, lost in his career, but he cultivates relationships with his kids so that they know, no matter what, Dad loves them.
- He does not allow his home to be ruled and run by the loudest and meanest of his kids, but makes his home one ruled by love.
I think a dad that is able to get these five principles straight and worked out the majority of the time in his home will be go a long way in raising children that will not cause him shame in his later days. How we need the enabling grace of God!