Wednesday, June 09, 2010

Wrestling with an Angel: Where Disability Becomes Amazing Grace-Ability

Wrestling with an Angel: Where Disability Becomes Amazing Grace-Ability

My new friend Greg has a great post reflecting on our time at The Elisha Foundation Retreat last weekend in Oregon. I am dying to write some stuff myself, but so full with Toronto Pastors Conference prep work that it will have to wait a week. Please read and enjoy Greg's reflections and the great slideshow he put together.

To whet your appetite:

I saw adult volunteers go above and beyond to give respite to the families and grace-ability to the disabled. I observed the strong carry the weak and the weak change the lives of the strong. There were no tears of pity or self-centered sorrow, only weeping of joy and satisfaction in the One who will eventually wipe all our eyes with His healing garment of grace.

In great retrospect, I am glad I traveled across the country to attend this retreat. I am grateful for those who made it possible through their generosity and kindness. I am touched by the many new friends and life long relationships that were built in these few, but powerful days.


P.S. If you have not added Greg's blog to your reader, well, I just don't know what is the matter with you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.