Sunday, March 02, 2008

WIS 2008 - The Band of Brothers

Posted by Picasa

"The Boys Goofing Around Before Practice Friday Night"

A big part of what we tried to do at WIS was model... and no, that did not involve a runway.

We are blessed every week to be led in our singing worship by the guys we affectionately call, The Band of Brothers. Dave, Ken, Jim and Josh play week by week... and we brought back our ringer "Special K" for percussion. These guys ministered on Saturday playing 19 songs in 4 sets with no practice times between leading. Plus, most of them were also leading workshops in the one time they might have taken a break. It was a day of serving for them... just like they do all the time in our church.

If the Lord ministered to you via the boys yesterday, feel free to leave a comment here for them and I will be sure to pass it along. (Unless you guys still read my blog? Do you read my blog BofB???!?) :-)

5 comments:

  1. Christ can definitely be seen through each brother.Personally they a real gift of grace in my life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Paul,
    As I drove home on Saturday with three other Binbrook Baptist church members I was overwhelmed with gratitude to all of you GFCers for the best conference I've ever been to. We certainly have a lot to chew on together as we seek to refine our God-glorifying worship in song at BBC.
    Thanks so much for your messages. Many of the things you said were things I'd never thought of before, at least not in crystalized, articulate form. Some of them were things I've said at BBC, and your words reinforced them from a 'more mature' (i.e. greying, thinning haired) pastor. Thanks so much.
    All of our people were absolutely blown away by the servant-attitude of every GFC member we met. That included the band of brothers, but also all the GFCers placed throughout the building - from Mick in the parkiing lot lovingly directing us to the best spot, to Julia and others at the desk as we entered, to Jay and others directing us as we walked around looking lost, to Kathy and others replacing empty snack plates and empty coffee containers. Even though Binbrookians think of Starbucks the way I used the think of women's clothing stores before I was married - don't even have a category to realize it/they exist - we still appreciated these efforts. Again, we were all blown away.
    I need to run now. I felt compelled to write this note earlier, but kept my family day of rest computer free yesterday.
    In Christ, Ian.

    ReplyDelete
  3. THANK YOU for Saturday's conference. I was refreshed by the music and challenged by the teaching.

    From the moment I walked through the door I felt welcome and served. Thanks to everyone who helped make the day such a blessing, and God bless you all for being such gracious servants.

    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Greg - I could not agree with you more!

    Ian - You may talk about my hair all you like... your day is fast approaching!

    Sandy - Thank you for letting us know how the Lord ministered to you. He is good!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Paul,
    My day is a little over a decade away. For now I mock.
    Actually, at the conference I was having a beautiful talk with your Mom about God's grace in light of her recent baptism, when she suddenly started mocking your hair. I said to myself, I need to hear this, so I affirmed all of her observations and kept laughing and egging her on and she just kept talking. It was great. To tell you the truth, I hadn't even noticed.
    It looks distinguished, my mature friend and mentor!
    Ian

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.