Friday, September 14, 2007

Are You Sure You Want to Win? 5 Years After $315 Million

5 years after winning record Powerball prize, W. Virginia man reflects on fate:

"MOUNT HOPE, W.Va. (AP) - In his darkest moments, Jack Whittaker has sometimes wondered if winning the nearly US$315 million Powerball game was really worth it."

Why, you ask? Here are a few quotes:


"Before Powerball, Whittaker and his wife went to church together. These days, he seldom does.

"It's just aggravating, you know. People come up and ask you for money all the time, tell you some kind of a sob story."


"If it would bring my granddaughter back, I'd give it all back," Whittaker said of his jackpot. "But I can't get her back, so might as well keep the money, I guess."


"I'm only going to be remembered as the lunatic who won the lottery," he said. "I'm not proud of that. I wanted to be remembered as someone who helped a lot of people."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.