Monday, June 25, 2007

Nine Things I Love About My Church - A guest posting from Dorin

It has been fun to get some replies to my call for things you love about your church. Below is the text of an email I received from my good friend Dorin - a dear brother and true servant in our church. Dorin's other claim to fame is that he is one of the many Romanians in our church... we happen to like Romanians!

[1] My church brings glory to God, though He is self-sufficient.
[2] My church is Christ centered – like sheep following their Shepherd.
[3] In my church the Holy Spirit is working with power:
a. Spiritual growing;
b. The Word of God is preached with power;
c. Increasing the numbers.
[4] My brothers and sisters are seeking God before anything else. Even outside church programs or services but having lunch together or doing something else they are talking most of the time about their church, about what God is doing in their lives.
[5] My brothers and sisters are seeking God not to use Him for their purposes but to serve Him and worship Him.
[6] My church is not buildings or sophisticated altars or icons or candles or gold or smells. My church is people sitting around their Teacher. When you meet my church the first thing is striking you is… Love.
[7] At my church the Scripture is preached on books. This is a real blessing as we can learn the Word of God as He was revealed in a well organized, continuous and consistent way. We are able to listen to the sermon again and again during the following week through the recordings. And on top of all of this, Sunday morning, at the beginning of every sermon we have a little bit of refreshing review. This way we are able to implement the Word in our lives using Lord’s power not our own.
[8] My church is preparing to meet her Bridegroom washing her clothes and reading His letters.
[9] Our Lord Jesus Christ promised “And behold, I am with you always, to the end of the age”. In my church this word is fulfilled.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.